Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Button labeled Multi Quote

1. Nov 21, 2006 #1

Mk

button labeled "Multi Quote"

Wow! That looks really cool. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That does look cool. I had to play a bit to figure out how to use it, so I'm going to post instructions here in case others need it:

Click on the button labeled "Multi Quote" for each post you want to quote in a thread. The button will "light up" (in the Prime Skin, it "glows" blue). If you accidentally click it on a post you don't want to quote, just click it again and it turns back off.

After you've selected ALL the posts you want to quote, click on the "Quote" button (it doesn't matter which posts you click that on). That will take you to the advanced reply screen and show all the quoted posts you selected.

Pretty nifty.

Edit: I just checked the Nexus skin, and I don't think that button is showing yet there, so if you're using Nexus, don't make yourself crazy looking for this feature yet. If you want to use it, switch to the Prime skin for now until Greg is done with the full upgrade.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  4. Nov 21, 2006 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

How fun! :smile:

5. Nov 21, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also like these new little arrows next to quoted text that will take you back to the original post where the quoted text came from. It's not really useful in a short thread like this, but if someone were quoting something 6 pages back in a long thread, and you want to go back to check the context, that will come in very handy! :smile:

6. Nov 21, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It stil does not include existing quotes in posts you wish to reply to. :grumpy: THAT'S the feature I want.

7. Nov 21, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But, you can select multi quote on that post, and then click the arrow that takes you back to the originally quoted post, include that in your multi quote, and then you have both. :smile:

8. Nov 21, 2006 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:grumpy: You mean go back to each individual quote. grrrrr I liked the way it used to keep all quotes intact when you hit the quote button. :cry:

9. Nov 21, 2006 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Might it be possible to integrate the "Reply" feature from the PM's, in which the previous replies (or quotes) are included in the new PM?

10. Nov 22, 2006 #9
    YEAH

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?