Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Buying a pony

1. Dec 22, 2011 #1

wolram

Gold Member

So this pony was up for sale it only costs a monkey, so i went to see it, it was a little beauty
    so i agreed to buy it, i asked how much for the tack, the guy said a pony so i bought that as well.
    Then i saw the other pony and asked the guy how much, he said the same a monkey, so i bought that too, in the end it cost me a bag of sand, plus 2 ponies for 2 sets of tack.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2011 #2
    The hatred of barter is the root of the love of money.

4. Dec 22, 2011 #3
    A monkey's about right for a pony but a pony for the tack is having a laugh.The most I'd go is a mother hen and a poorly fish.

5. Dec 22, 2011 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I took a joey back the other night, it was only a click but it cost me a bluey. Shocking.

6. Dec 22, 2011 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My theory is that these are coded messages being used for some nefarious purpose.

7. Dec 22, 2011 #6
    Haven't done much shopping with women these days, have you?

8. Dec 22, 2011 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, and I haven't been to the moon either, but I still think this is some sort of British pre-invasion chatter.

9. Dec 22, 2011 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bugger, I think they're on to us...

10. Dec 22, 2011 #9

turbo

Gold Member

I had to Google to make sense of it (the parts that actually made sense, anyway).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook