Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Buying science supplies

1. Feb 10, 2005 #1
    Does anyone know a good retailer for quality science supplies. I am needing to by some lenses and an optics bench in the near future. I am also interested in a place that sells magnets and various chemicals. Just curious. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Zach, where are you located ? Will you be purchasing these things by yourself or through a school/college/university/company ?

4. Feb 11, 2005 #3
    I am in Tulsa right now. In august I will be moving to Boulder for college. I was looking for an online site to atleast get lenses. I can understand the chemicals not being easy.

5. Feb 12, 2005 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure what kind of lenses you want but I've bought lenses and mirrors for telescopes in the past. Meridian Telescopes, D & G Optical and Orion Telescopes are a few names that come to mind. You can buy (permitted) chemicals from Fisher Scientific, VWR International or Alfa Aesar (among dozens of others). As for magnets, where to look depends entirely on what kinds of magnets you want. You can get small permanent magnet discs or blocks from places like Dowling (they usually have pretty good sales on overstock items).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?