By Crikey Crocodile hunter is dead

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know... class?.In summary, Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin was killed in a freak accident while filming a marine documentary.
big man said:
It is really sad that he died. He was just a genuinely nice and well-meaning guy. He did a lot for Australia and he took good care of the animals at the zoo. Unfortunately though, I disagree with all of your statements that he was a good conservationist. He just wasn't a conservationist. He more of a zoologist and he was a good man that unfortunately died in an unforeseen attack.

Then Peter Brock dies in the same week by crashing his car in a rally race :(

Really crappy week when you think about it. My condolences go to the families of these two men.

I doubt many people on here know who Peter Brock is, but yes 'twas a crappy week.

Physics news on Phys.org
Quadruple Bypass said:
all animals/insects have a purpose ;)
how can you possibly say that? I can name lots of animals that don't serve a "purpose" whatever that means. Human beings being at the top of the list.

tribdog said:
how can you possibly say that? I can name lots of animals that don't serve a "purpose" whatever that means. Human beings being at the top of the list.
Our food chain would rapidly crumble beneath us if we began wiping out whole species. Each species of animal (insects are animals) occupy a specific ecological niche and provide a function of that ecosystem. There was a similar thread not so long ago in GD about conservation.

Hootenanny said:
Our food chain would rapidly crumble beneath us if we began wiping out whole species. Each species of animal (insects are animals) occupy a specific ecological niche and provide a function of that ecosystem. There was a similar thread not so long ago in GD about conservation.
You must be new here if you're responding seriously to anything tribdog posts.

edit: So I check. You've been one busy bee for the past eight months, posting away like there's no tomorrow.

Kittens have to go, btw. I mean, just look at em! They're EVIL!

franznietzsche said:
:devil:

<finger hovering over the ban button>

Poll: Would franznietzsche be missed if I banned him?

Evo said:
:devil:

<finger hovering over the ban button>

Poll: Would franznietzsche be missed if I banned him?

Isn't the purpose of that poll to root out more kitten-haters to ban?

As a side note: I don't hate kittens. I mean just look at em! They're EVIL! What's not to love?

franznietzsche said:
You must be new here if you're responding seriously to anything tribdog posts.

edit: So I check. You've been one busy bee for the past eight months, posting away like there's no tomorrow.

Should have really checked his post history :rofl: . I don't often venture into GD, as you can probably tell. As for the evil cats, I would have to agree with you after seeing this!

http://www.numoonus.com/ShortEssays/EvilCats/Kalikat.jpg

Spiders can go as well, spiders are evil

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, don't take anything I say seriously, but seriously how would hunting narwhals into extinction affect us? because I think the one thing we can all agree on is this: the comfort and well being of human beings (american) should be top priority.

tribdog said:
Yeah, don't take anything I say seriously, but seriously how would hunting narwhals into extinction affect us? because I think the one thing we can all agree on is this: the comfort and well being of human beings (american) should be top priority.

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Who can fault that logic?

tribdog said:
DUH, human beings purpose on this planet is to destroy all life and the planet itself. as you can see, we still have a purpose. ty.

Ok, the cat is REALLY mad now.

machinegun.gif

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Evo said:
Ok, the cat is REALLY mad now.

machinegun.gif

Awww, look he's so EVIL! isn't he cute?

8caef40ate0.gif

I had no idea. I'm a monster

tribdog said:
I had no idea. I'm a monster
What's your tally?

I know that one is getting edited, but dammit, she set me up.

Evo said:
8caef40ate0.gif

Oh, I wish I could have that as my avatar.

did my warning level just go up a percentage?

tribdog said:
did my warning level just go up a percentage?

We have warning levels?

and who's courtnee?

Florida man critical after flying stingray attack
By Times Online and AP in Lighthouse Point

An 81-year-old man is in a critical condition in Florida after a stingray leapt out of the Atlantic Ocean and embedded its poisonous barb in his chest. [continued]
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2411749,00.html

Too weird...

cnn said:
Doctors were able to remove the barb during surgeries Wednesday and Thursday by eventually pulling it through his heart and closing the wound, said Dr. Eugene Costantini at Broward General Medical Center.
Not only did this stingray leap onto Mr. Bertakis' boat and stab him in the chest, it stabbed him in the heart. There are sensors that can detect the heartbeat of a concealed person; I wonder if this is no coincdence, and the stingrays are actually aiming for the heart.

btw, I met this guy face to face last week: :smile:
http://www.jackhanna.com/img0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6AjPDYaJc

Ivan Seeking said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6AjPDYaJc

...blimey :bugeye: