Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

By the way

1. Nov 3, 2003 #1

Jug

By the way....

....have you noticed how much snaller and tasteless the meatballs have become? Maybe the mafia is a good thing.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2003 #2
    Make your own meatballs. Hunt your own food and make it meatballs. Eat some. The spread the disease

4. Nov 4, 2003 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've been hunting meatballs in the forest near my home for years. I swear I've never seen a single one. :frown:

- Warren

5. Mar 11, 2004 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I can't resist!

It's all for the best. I shot me a meatball once, and let me tell you, wild meatballs are much too gamey. You're much better off with free-range meatballs. Once I tried them, I never looked back.

6. Mar 11, 2004 #5
    I don't eat meatballs under any circumstances, because they are, in fact, just furballs with the skin removed.

7. Mar 14, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Under the meatball protection act all ball hunting is now banned. Meat breeders are playing with their ball stocks - crossing their balls with various stocks of wild balls - in an effort to raise the meat quality.

8. Mar 14, 2004 #7
    Great. Soon there will be allegations of behind the scenes meatball growth hormone abuse, as well as outbreaks of mad meatball diease.

9. Mar 14, 2004 #8
    The Horror! Better start switching to veggieballs, or no balls at all.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  10. Mar 15, 2004 #9

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, it's time to start switching to more PC foods, like veal and bald eagle.

11. Mar 15, 2004 #10

Njorl

Science Advisor

I just had a meatball sandwich from Subway last week. It was awful. I now see how people who eat at subway lose weight so easily.

Last good meatball sandwich I bought was from a street vendor in Philly.

Njorl

12. Mar 15, 2004 #11

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If the average meat content in a meatball sandwich from Subway equals the average meat content in a coldcut sandwich from Subway, there must have been about... oh... 0.4 meatballs in that sub of yours. No wonder.

13. Mar 15, 2004 #12
    Tell me about it. All those meatballs running loose without FDA approval.
    What has the world come to?

14. Mar 15, 2004 #13
    I never trusted meatballs;I always stick with cheeseballs myself. They are easier for me to digest.

15. Mar 15, 2004 #14
    Zooby's Diary. 7-15-03

"Was awaken at 3:A.M. by barking dog. Investigation with flashlight revealed a large herd of wild meatballs had gotten into the garden and was decimating all above ground produce. Beans, tomatos, corn, chilis, zucchini, pumpkins - all ruined. Dog sustained several bites but all are superficial. Called pest control. Two guys came by this afternoon and set traps. Been happening everywhere, they said. Too much human encroachment on meatball natural habitat."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  16. Mar 15, 2004 #15
    All those liberal wackos crying "Save the meatballs" has caused an overpopulation problem. Especially after the decline of their natural enemies in the wild (Little old Italian women, rarely found living in the woods nowadays). This overpopulation just leads to hunger and fighting over food supply and the kind of rampage displayed by groups such as Zoobyshoe saw. They have grown fearless even to the point of attacking larger animals such as the dog.

Perhaps a solution would be to re-introduce little old Italian women into the wild. Try and regain the balance of nature.

17. Mar 15, 2004 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think the problem Zooby was experiencing was related to the cross-breeding of U.S. meatballs with Africanized "killer" meatballs from south of the border. Meatballs are normally very docile except when extremely threatened and would be too timid to attack a common housepet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?