What Will Happen to PF Version 4 While I'm Away in the Arctic?

• News
  • Thread starter N_Quire
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, the speaker is going on a year-long trip to the Arctic to take photos without the use of a computer. They are aware of the potential dangers, such as becoming "shacky whacky" or being eaten by a bear. Other people express their disbelief and concern, but the speaker is determined to have an interesting and rewarding time.
N_Quire
I am off to spend a computerless year in the Arctic based in a cabin photographing all sorts of Arctic things. See you in a year unless I go shacky whacky or get eaten by a bear.

Physics news on Phys.org
I hope you have an interesting and rewarding time, oh and don't eat the yellow snow.

Originally posted by N_Quire
I am off to spend a computerless year in the Arctic based in a cabin photographing all sorts of Arctic things. See you in a year unless I go shacky whacky or get eaten by a bear.
Good God, why on Earth would you do such an absurd thing!??

Well good luck anyway. :smile:

Have a fabulous time! Bring a jacket!

Can't you bring one of those settelite dishes
and a laptop with you ?!
I mean, a year without the web ?!

Anyway, good luck ! :smile:

Originally posted by N_Quire

WOW that certainly is different.

How do you plan to photograph things in winter when it is perpetually dark? Presumably you will have to use artificial light. How will you detect what is there to photograph - artificial light presumably has a limited range and it will take a while to find things.

Have a nice time.

Last edited:
Have fun!

Have fun and good luck! when you coem back it'll probly be PF version 4!

What does "Bye folks. Be back in a year" mean?

"Bye folks. Be back in a year" is a statement indicating that the speaker will be away for a year and will return after that time period.

Why would someone say "Bye folks. Be back in a year"?

Someone might say "Bye folks. Be back in a year" if they are going on a long trip or sabbatical and want to inform others of their absence.

Is "Bye folks. Be back in a year" a common phrase?

No, "Bye folks. Be back in a year" is not a commonly used phrase. It is more likely to be used in a casual or informal setting among friends or family.

What if someone says "Bye folks. Be back in a year" but doesn't come back after a year?

If someone says they will be back in a year but does not return, it could mean that their plans have changed or they have encountered unforeseen circumstances that prevented them from returning as planned.

Does "Bye folks. Be back in a year" have any cultural significance?

No, "Bye folks. Be back in a year" does not have any specific cultural significance. It is a simple statement indicating a temporary absence.