C-Programming Help URGENT: Get Assistance with Rocket Trajectory Project

• Thread starter Hoofbeat
  • Start date
In summary, Chloé is having difficulty transferring her maths knowledge into C language for a space rocket program. She is seeking help from anyone who can offer assistance.
Hoofbeat
C-Programming Help URGENT

Hi, I have to create a program within the next week or so to plot the trajectory of a rocket through space on its journey from the Earth to the Moon. I know how to do the actual programming side of things (or at least I think I do!) but I'm having immense problems transferring the maths into C language. My main difficulty is with the use of vectors and they're components. I've spent 3 solid days trying to do just this first part of my computing project (it's a compulsory part of my 1st year Physics' practical course) and have got absolutely no where. I've had several demonstrators look at it in the computing labs and we've sat for hours debugging it (we kept getting the acceleration of the rocket to constantly be zero) and they've finally given up and admitted that it's most likely something in my 'maths' that's wrong, but none of them know how to help and have practically abandoned me.

So if anyone out their has some free time on their hands and is willing to help me (please, I'm begging you! :cry: ) could you PM me and I will pass on my email details and can send you a copy of the problem sheet & my current program (well, I have about 5versions as the demonstrators kept making me try lots of different things).

Thanks so much

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ok, so what exactly are you having trouble with? Why don't you post the code you have so we can look at it?

How about pick out one very specific algorithm you're having problems with and describe it along with the equations you wish to implement in C. Are you familiar with the "program development cycle"? You know, first define what the problem is, then decide how the problem is to be specified in "pseudo code", then start writing small pieces of it, checking each small piece first before using them together, gradually building the program up to meet your requirements. I'm assuming you're not attempting to just jump into there and do it all at once right? No good programmer does that. It's always piece by piece, checking each, adding to it, gradually building it up. Use a debugger too. You know like Microsoft C++ is nice. You can do all sorts of things with that even change values of variables "on the fly".

*Hugs Chloé*. I'd help you, but I don't know any C :frown:.

Maybe its just a logical error.We will try to Help.Post the codes or atleast parts of it where you are experiencing trouble

Thanks for the offers of help. I'm at home at the moment, but will be back in Oxford this evening so I'll put a copy of my code up later along with the problem sheet.

Chloé
xxx

PS. Thanks Nylex - shame you don't know C. U still use TSR - i dnt see you on there any more?

Hi, I'm back again. I've posted details of my code and 'project overview' sheet in the following thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=63800

I've had a couple of people offering advice, and NateTG has been particularly helpful, but I'd appreciate several people's views on the matter to make sure I'm not going horribly wrong with my interpretation of the acceleration formula.

Thanks once again :tongue:

1. What is C Programming and how does it relate to rocket trajectory projects?

C Programming is a high-level programming language commonly used for developing software applications. It can be used to write code for various systems, including rocket trajectory projects. C Programming is often used in these projects due to its efficiency and ability to directly access hardware components.

2. What kind of assistance can I expect with my rocket trajectory project?

With C-Programming help for your rocket trajectory project, you can expect assistance with coding, debugging, and optimizing your code. This can include writing algorithms, troubleshooting errors, and improving the performance of your program.

3. How can C Programming help improve the accuracy of my rocket trajectory calculations?

C Programming can help improve the accuracy of your rocket trajectory calculations by utilizing its mathematical and logical capabilities. With C Programming, you can write precise and efficient algorithms that can handle complex calculations and produce accurate results.

4. Can I get urgent assistance with my rocket trajectory project using C Programming?

Yes, you can get urgent assistance with your rocket trajectory project using C Programming. Many programmers and software engineers specialize in C Programming and can provide fast and efficient help with your project, even on short notice.

5. What qualifications should I look for in a C Programming expert for my rocket trajectory project?

When looking for a C Programming expert for your rocket trajectory project, it is important to look for someone with a strong understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer science. They should also have experience in developing software for similar projects and be proficient in C Programming language.