Master 3D Modeling with Movable Parts: Create Dynamic Designs with Ease

• Thread starter qwertymk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cad parts
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a 3d modeling software that allows for interaction with rivets and joints to simulate movement. The preference is for software with a low learning curve and stress variables, but not at the expense of difficulty in learning. It is suggested that SolidWorks may be a good option due to its fast learning curve and ability to simulate stress values through DYNA sims.
qwertymk
I'm looking for a 3d modeling software that let's me interact with rivets and joints to see how it would move. Basically I want to design a contraption made out of wooden slats and hinges/joints that open and folds into certain shapes. I would prefer software with a very low learning curve. Also I would prefer something with stress variables but not if it makes learning the software harder.

Engineering news on Phys.org
SolidWorks has a very fast learning curve if you haven't come across it already. After creating your components seperately you assemble them by constraining their degrees of freedom individually. So if you don't fully contrain your components, you can easily swing parts around axis or joints.

I have to do DYNA sims to find stress values in CAD, but SolidWorks may have options for simple loading.

1. What is CAD with movable parts?

CAD (Computer-Aided Design) with movable parts is a type of software that allows users to create and manipulate 3D models with movable components. This technology is often used in industries such as engineering, architecture, and product design.

2. How does CAD with movable parts work?

CAD with movable parts works by using complex algorithms and mathematical equations to create and manipulate 3D models. Users can input specific measurements and specifications, and the software will generate a digital representation of the model with movable parts.

3. What are the benefits of using CAD with movable parts?

The benefits of using CAD with movable parts include increased efficiency and accuracy in the design process, as well as the ability to easily make changes and adjustments to the model. It also allows for better visualization and communication of design ideas.

4. What types of industries use CAD with movable parts?

CAD with movable parts is used in a variety of industries such as automotive, aerospace, construction, and manufacturing. It is also commonly used in the creation of video games and animations.

5. What skills are required to use CAD with movable parts?

To use CAD with movable parts, one must have a strong understanding of computer-aided design principles and techniques. Familiarity with 3D modeling software and basic engineering and design concepts is also necessary. Training and practice are typically required to master the use of CAD with movable parts.