1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calc 101 any good?

1. Sep 23, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone...
    I was wondering if anyone had subscribed to calc101.com? Most of the site is free, but for step-by-step integration, you need to buy a password. But is it worth it? I'm taking an ad-cal course at the moment, and I would like to be able to double check various integration.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2008 #2
    Yeah I tried it last year....the steps are not that clear and i didn't quite get which rules were used, to me it definitely didn't worth the money....
  4. Dec 6, 2008 #3
    I don't think it would be worth it. There is too many free websites out there with many examples on almost all levels of calculus. I recommended:

It's called Paul's Online notes and he provides complete solutions to all the examples he does on the website. I used it when I went through those calculus courses to supplement the material I learned in class and in my textbook. Look through the courses and you'll find a gazillion integration problems, integration methods, and the steps for the most common integrals. I found this site via google. Chances are if you are stuck on a problem in a first year calculus course, someone else has had the same problem and there is a solution somewhere out there online. Check out google!
  5. Dec 6, 2008 #4
    paul's online math notes are pretty good for early calc classes, I also suggest them.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?