Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Calc courses

1. Jul 19, 2010 #1
    I recently took Calc AB and have signed up for Calc for Life and Social sciences.
    Can someone tell what to expect in my new class and if AB is/was an appropriate prep. class?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2010 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Calculus for Life and Social Sciences will probably be a less rigorous presentation of calculus than you received in the Calc AB course. If the Calc BC course is available I would advise that you take that instead.

4. Jul 19, 2010 #3
    Are you moving on to college? If so, then calculus II would be a good fit.

5. Jul 19, 2010 #4
    Ah, okay. The class I'm taking has transferable units so that's why I'm taking it. And yes, I just finished high school and am taking a couple of classes at the community college.

I was a bit unsure of my calc skills so hopefully this class will cement the knowledge in my brain better.

Thanks for the replies.

6. Jul 19, 2010 #5
    Did you pass your calculus AB class and get college credit for it? If so, taking the Calculus for Life and Social Sciences might be a little too repetitive, unless you're extremely unsure of your calculus skills.

7. Jul 20, 2010 #6
    I passed with a B, but i didn't take the AP exams so no college credits.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook