1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calc Physics 2 w/ Algebra Phy 1

1. May 28, 2013 #1
    I took algebra based physics 1, and need physics 2 to graduate. I don't want to take algebra based. Is it possible to take calc based physics 2 with taking algebra based physics 1?

If i talked to my school what would they say? What if I needed calc physics 1 and 2 for BS would they sub 1?

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2013 #2
    The calc based is probably the prerequisite, so on those grounds it is unlikely they will let you take physics II that is a calc based class. However, is it REALLY necessary? That is a little more open to debate, and I'd wager that it might not be. That doesn't mean that your school will let you do it anyways though.

4. May 28, 2013 #3
    Is what really necessary?

1.If I do a Bachelors of Arts in Chemistry I can take physics 2 algebra and get the credit i need, but i hate to take it without calculus, but i will if i have to.

2. Bachelors of Science Chemstry Any / Biochemistry Concentration: requires calc physics 1 and 2.

5. May 28, 2013 #4
    It depends on the course. My school's calculus-based physics 1 and 2 courses do not use calculus and only algebra.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook