1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate power of blending

1. May 15, 2018 #1
    Hello pleas i need help how to calculate needed power(of engine) for blending granual material in machine.
    Machine looks like on pic below
    thank you

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2018 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

For us to be of any help, we will need lots more information. How big is this machine? What exactly is the material being blended? How much material at a time is put into the machine? Do other similar machines exist, and if so, what size electric motor do they use?

4. May 15, 2018 #3
    it have to have capacity about 600-700dm3... the material will be trash of electric components so it is hard to tell :) density is probably about 500kg/m3 at one time we put in machine about 300kg :) we have same machine but for blending coal ash and it have capacity about 40dm3 and engine power is 0.18kw

Attached Files:

5. May 15, 2018 #4

berkeman

So this is a shredder, not a blender?

6. May 15, 2018 #5
    nono :) it will be like homogenizator :)

7. May 16, 2018 #6

berkeman

Those two statements make no sense in juxtaposition, IMO. What the heck are you trying to make? o0)

8. May 16, 2018 #7
    i need to make mashine what will make sample of trash to know what type of pieces i have in :biggrin:

9. May 16, 2018 #8
    so i need to blend trash :O to homogenize it :) and the take it out that is why i wanna use paddles :)

10. May 16, 2018 #9
    1. Does this capacity of 40dm3 mean 40 cubic decimeters?
    2. Is this the amount of material than fits into the mixing/processing chamber? Or is this the volume of material that can be processed within a set period of time (i.e. - 40 dm3/hour)?

11. May 16, 2018 #10
    yea cubic decimeters :) and it is in one time :)so mixing all material

12. May 16, 2018 #11
    so i need to mixing all 300kg in one mixing process :)

13. May 16, 2018 #12
    More detail, please. As you may imagine, it takes considerably more power to chew through a scrapped 10 HP induction motor than it does to process a batch of circuit boards.

14. May 16, 2018 #13
    it is brash of electric components ... it can contain everything :) but size of components is about 50x50x50mm :) as i told density of material is about 500kg/m^3

15. May 16, 2018 #14
    i know it is bad situation :/

16. May 16, 2018 #15

berkeman

If you mash up electronics circuit boards, you will destroy the components. Is that you want? Also, some components release chemicals when smashed up (like electrolytic capacitors), and those chemicals can cause other problems. What is your end goal with this "blender"?

17. May 16, 2018 #16
    :DD ok it is just blender :) it is filled with trash after milling :) so i dont care about types of components :) i just need to blend mass of electric components trash (like rubber, elektric circuits, metal fragments) this trash have pieces of size about 50mm :)

18. May 16, 2018 #17

berkeman

For what purpose? Usually you would want to separate things for recycling, not "blend" them all up.

19. May 16, 2018 #18
    to make homogenized sample :)

20. May 16, 2018 #19
    this device have split filled matterial to sample and trash :) and every piece of filled material have to have same chance to be in sample (sorry for bad neglish) O:)

21. May 16, 2018 #20

berkeman

Sigh. That makes no sense. Are you an artist or something? I see no practical use for this process.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted