1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate Standard Hours

1. Jan 2, 2010 #1
    I am ready to pull the few remaining hairs out of my head with this formula. (This is not a homework questions by the way) It is a work question!

I need to calculate the standard run time hours for machines that cut lengths of rubber based on a few variables.

Things to remember:
    We have many different jobs that will go on each machine. Each job has a standard “Cuts per Minute” and the total “Pieces per Length”

Job Number 659
    Cuts Per Minute are: 45
    Total Pieces Per Length: 5

Now Operator # 5582 is currently running 5 machines in total and works for 8 hours
    We had been calculating the standard hours based on this

480/5/60 to figure 1.6 hours per machine, but each machine cuts at different speeds, thus making the actual standard different.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to calculate the correct amount of standard hours each operator should spend on each machine based on the Cuts per Minute.

Your help will save my few remaining hairs from certain death

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted