What Bearings Suit a Shaft with Varying Loads and Diameters?

• Thread starter maths85
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary, when selecting bearings for a shaft based on calculated loads, it is important to consider the type and size of bearing, as well as factors such as RPM and axial forces. Many large bearing manufacturers have free resources available online for bearing selection, and a general introduction can be found in Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design. For low cost options, standard deep groove ball bearings may be suitable. The NSK catalogue provides technical selection data and a list of available bearings.
maths85
I have to select bearings for the shaft using standard bearings catalogue depending on the calculated load.

In my shaft I calculate the loads and its 425 and 375 N in point A and B.

I should need to choose now what kind of bearings use and also using the diameter of the shaft that its dA=dB= 15 mm. and dC= 20 mm

Engineering news on Phys.org
All the large bearing manufacturers (eg NSK, SKF, NTN) have a huge amount of info on bearing selection. They are available online free, but you may need to make an account (also free).
For a more general introduction, I'd recommend Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design.

Welcome to PF.

The type and size of bearing used is decided by several things. If the shaft rotates continuously then the RPM will be an important specification. Big bearings carry high loads, but only at slower speeds. If the shaft rotates slowly only part of a turn, a grease lubricated bronze or a Teflon bushing might solve the problem.

It is also necessary to identify the axial forces on the shaft. Some bearings can handle end thrust while others cannot. Start looking at low cost commodity bearings such as standard deep groove ball bearings. Usually standardised part numbers 62xx.

Download the Rolling Bearings section from here.
http://www.jp.nsk.com/app01/en/ctrg/index.cgi?gr=bearings
It starts with technical selection data, then goes on to list deep groove ball bearings and many others.

Thank you all of you. I found what I need it in the nsk catalogue.

Likes Baluncore

1. What are the different types of bearings?

There are several types of bearings, including ball bearings, roller bearings, plain bearings, and fluid bearings. Each type has its own unique design and functions.

2. How do I calculate the load capacity of a bearing?

The load capacity of a bearing can be calculated by considering factors such as the bearing type, size, speed, and operating conditions. This calculation is important in determining the appropriate bearing for a specific application.

3. What is the difference between static and dynamic load capacity?

The static load capacity of a bearing refers to the maximum load it can support without experiencing permanent deformation. The dynamic load capacity, on the other hand, considers the effects of motion and rotation on the bearing and is typically lower than the static load capacity.

4. How do I determine the required clearance for a bearing?

The required clearance for a bearing can be determined by considering the operating conditions, such as temperature and speed, as well as the fit between the bearing and its housing. A proper clearance is crucial for ensuring the efficient operation and longevity of the bearing.

5. What factors should I consider when selecting a bearing?

When selecting a bearing, factors such as load capacity, speed, temperature, environment, and lubrication should be considered. It is important to choose a bearing that can handle the specific operating conditions of the application to ensure optimal performance and longevity.