Calculating Magnetic Force on a Steel Object in a Solenoid

In summary, magnetic force is a non-contact force that causes attraction or repulsion between magnets and magnetic materials. It is calculated using F = qvBsinθ and measured in Newtons (N). The strength of magnetic force is affected by the magnetic field strength, particle charge and velocity, and distance between objects. Magnetic force is different from gravitational force in that it acts on different objects and can be manipulated, while gravitational force is constant.
v_h_memar
Hi There
I want To calculate magnetic force in Solenoid. I need to relation between Force and (tesla, weight iron, and ...)
F== B*M* ...
is anybody here can help me ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you be more specific and detailed? I'm not sure I understand the scenario.

jfy4 said:
Can you be more specific and detailed? I'm not sure I understand the scenario.

Sure
For example we have a Solenoid with Magnetic filed B= 400 Tesla , please tell me that if I have a cubic from steel , and the apace between solenoid and cubic is 2 cm, how many force will apply on cubic ?

What is magnetic force?

Magnetic force is a type of non-contact force that acts between two or more magnets or between a magnet and a magnetic material. It is responsible for the attraction or repulsion between these objects.

How is magnetic force calculated?

Magnetic force is calculated using the formula F = qvBsinθ, where F is the magnetic force, q is the charge of the moving particle, v is the velocity of the particle, B is the magnetic field, and θ is the angle between the velocity and the magnetic field.

What is the unit of measurement for magnetic force?

The unit of measurement for magnetic force is Newtons (N). This is the same unit used for other types of forces, such as gravity and friction.

What factors affect the strength of magnetic force?

The strength of magnetic force is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the charge of the particles involved, and the velocity of the particles. The distance between the objects also plays a role, with the force decreasing as the distance increases.

How is magnetic force different from gravitational force?

Magnetic force and gravitational force are both types of non-contact forces, but they act on different types of objects. Magnetic force acts between magnets or magnetic materials, while gravitational force acts between any two objects with mass. Additionally, the strength of magnetic force can be manipulated by changing the properties of the objects involved, while gravitational force is constant for a given mass and distance.