Calculating net force, simple question.

• Thread starter reganw
  • Start date
I'm trying to calculate the acceleration of an object but first I need to calculate the net force. For this question we were told Fnet = Fa-Fd-Ff.. just wondering what Fd is?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

not ! calculate net force (N) how can including the work done (J).:smile:

You should check out your question purposely that what kind of the force(Fd) is.

not ! calculate net force (N) how can including the work done (J).:smile:

You should check out your question purposely that what kind of the force(Fd) is.
hmm.. I just don't know what it could be.. there's Fn, Fa, Ff, Fg all in the question but I don't know where the Fd comes from.. maybe Fdown?

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Why don't you post the actual question, in it's entirety?

Why don't you post the actual question, in it's entirety?
It's a simulation, everything can be altered so there isn't really a question to post. And I can't post the link to it because it's an internal website.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
We have no information other than there is an object with 3 forces acting on it, and these forces are to be labeled Fa, Fd, and Ff. Is there really nothing else you can tell us about the problem?

Ff usually means a frictional force. But Fa and Fd do not have a usual definition that I am aware of, though Fa might be used for an applied force. But here I am only guessing at the things you already know, but have neglected to tell us. I'm afraid that without more information, it is unlikely that we can help out.

Last edited: