The Ultimate Performance of the Infinite Conundrum Rifle

• Thread starter the6thmesseng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    performance
In summary, the Infinite Conundrum is a bolt action sniper rifle with a 50" barrel and the ability to shoot .338 Lapua Magnum and .338 Lapua Super Magnum rounds. The maximum range, muzzle velocity, muzzle energy, and recoil of these two types of ammunition are unknown due to lack of specific information. However, the .338 Lapua Magnum has a muzzle velocity of 3,340 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 6,734 Joules using a 200 grain bullet. The .338 Lapua Super Magnum has a muzzle velocity of 2,750 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 6,810 Joules using a 300 grain bullet. Theoretical questions about performance are difficult to
the6thmesseng
Say fired from this gun; it's a gun i made from Pimp My Gun, but it's not real. however I'm curious of what is it's performance; Muzzle Speed, Muzzle Velocity, Recoil, and Effective Range at 50" of barrel. using normal and +P+ ammunition

Infinite Conundrum
.338 lapua Magnum
x98 Telescopic Sight
7 round magazine
15 kg (loaded)
Bolt Action.

Infinite Conundrum is a bolt action sniper rifle with the action just two movements; forward and back. the barrel itself is 50" inch, the powder load of the round is +P+, the weight of the bullet is .300 grains and a bullet which is DU; Depleted Uranium.

what would be the maximum range?
the Muzzle Velocity
The Muzzle Energy
the Recoil.
of the two differing ammunition?

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums...view&current=InfiniteConundrumArtilleryV4.jpg

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
and what if it has another variant; it can shoot .338 Lapua Super magnum (DOES NOT EXIST), though it's a theoretical round, it is a .50 BMG necked down to accept .338 lapua magnum bullets, ackley improved and the case length is still 99mm.

what would be the new velocity, muzzle energy, recoil and range?

First, this isn't a forum for random questions about fake things. (Your 2nd thread on something like this) It would be greatly appreciated if you stuck to real examples for now. I only say this because of my next points.

Second, you haven't given us nearly enough info to answer these questions. We don't know how much powder is in the cartridge, the shape of the bullet, etc.

Now, we CAN help you figure this out on your own, if you would like. Do you know how to calculate the acceleration of an object using its mass and a force?

sorry, it's just answers are hard to come by at other stuffs, and they even TROLL. some guy answered at my question on my YahooAnswers something about being less faster than superman... what kind of answer is that?

anyways if you want more info... here;

.338 lapua magnum
114 gr
spitzer type bullet
200 grain Full Metal jacket bullet

the gun is 50 inch long.

.338 Lapua Super Magnum
300 gr
spitzer type bullet
barrel length of the gun is 50 inch.

Alright. So, the .338 Lupua Magnum generates 3,340 Feet per second muzzle velocity using a 200 grain bullet. (Per the Ballistic Performance on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.338_Lapua_Magnum)

That equates to 6,734 Joules of energy. (Also right there next to the muzzle velocity)

For the 300 grain its about 2,750 ft/s and 6,810 J. (Same place as before)

Both of those velocities were using a 26 in barrel, and I don't know how to figure out what a 50 in barrel would produce.

Considering that this cartridge was used at a range of 2,475 m to kill someone, albeit with a low drag bullet, that should be a good estimate on its max range at the above specs. (assuming that the extra barrel length provided a decent boost to velocity of the bullet)

I can't give you anything beyond that, sorry.

oh... thanks anyways... but seriously thanks...

oh and sorry if my questions is theoretical, and i mean at first look; way off reality..

It's not they are theoretical, it's that it's easier to use a real life example of something that does exist first and go from there. This applies to the forum as a general principle. A good example is your post about a supernova. There's no problem asking questions about it, but it REALLY throws people off when you start asking "what if" questions when you don't understand the basics. This specific post isn't really too bad, it's just that I came directly from your other post over to this one. I'm sorry I couldn't help you further.

1. How is the accuracy of a rifle calculated?

The accuracy of a rifle is typically measured by its group size, which is the distance between the center of the farthest two bullet holes in a group fired from the rifle. This can be measured in inches or MOA (minute of angle), with 1 MOA equaling 1 inch at 100 yards. The smaller the group size, the more accurate the rifle is considered to be.

2. What is the formula for calculating the muzzle velocity of a rifle?

The formula for calculating muzzle velocity is: Muzzle Velocity = (Bullet Weight x Powder Charge Weight x Barrel Length x 12) / (7000 x Efficiency Factor), where the efficiency factor is typically between 0.9 and 1.0. This formula takes into account the weight of the bullet and powder charge, as well as the length of the barrel and the efficiency of the rifle's design.

3. How is the energy of a rifle bullet calculated?

The energy of a rifle bullet can be calculated using the formula: Energy = (Bullet Weight x Velocity2) / 450240. This formula takes into account the weight of the bullet and its velocity, and gives the result in foot-pounds of energy. This calculation is important in determining the stopping power and potential damage of a rifle bullet.

4. What is the effective range of a rifle?

The effective range of a rifle is the maximum distance at which it can accurately and consistently hit a target. This range can vary depending on factors such as the type of rifle, ammunition, and shooter skill. Typically, rifles are categorized into short, medium, and long-range, with effective ranges ranging from 100-300 yards for short-range rifles, up to 1000 yards or more for long-range rifles.

5. How is the trajectory of a rifle bullet calculated?

The trajectory of a rifle bullet can be calculated using ballistics software or tables, which take into account factors such as muzzle velocity, bullet weight, and ballistic coefficient. This calculation can help determine the bullet's path and how much it will drop over a certain distance, allowing shooters to make accurate adjustments for long-range shooting.