1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating the Most Efficient Rate to Reinvest in a Compounding Asset

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in so in not please point me in the right direction :wink:

I am interested in finding out how to mathematically calculate the most efficient rate to reinvest in a compounding asset to balance the increase in profitability with compounding potential. I would also like to calculate how much the investment has to decline before it is more efficient to sell the investment, forfeit the accrued compounding inertia and repurchase the investment when it begins to rise again from it's new lower price.

2. Relevant equations

I have attached a more detailed description below. Since this is more or less independent study and I won't need it for a test I would be willing to PayPal someone $100 if they were willing to enter the equations in Excel and write the formulas out for me.

Judging by some of the topics on here there are probably a couple of you that could have figured this out in 8th grade ...Obviously that was me :wink:

If someone is interested please just let me know.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?