1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating Time?

1. Nov 22, 2009 #1
    Im not really sure what type of problem this is so I put it here, im new to these forums and want to see if anyone can help me.

I am playing this game where you bet fake money on these ships that will race after you bet, there are 8 ships you can support and you can support all if you want. They give a bunch of numbers which are the statistics of the ship, like oar power sail power etc. I tried every sequence to try and figure out a logical way of betting on the right ship but none seem right; I want to see if anyone else can figure it out.

Boat-----------------Sail Power--------------------------Oar Power-----------------Return Power
    1. Boat 1---------------4.3---------------------------------3.7-------------------------5.6
    2. Boat 2---------------3.7---------------------------------3.3-------------------------6.7
    3. Boat 3---------------4.9---------------------------------4.3-------------------------4.2
    4. Boat 4---------------4.4---------------------------------3.6-------------------------5.6
    5. Boat 5---------------4.4---------------------------------3.8-------------------------5.4
    6. Boat 6---------------3.7---------------------------------3.4-------------------------6.6
    7. Boat 7---------------3.8---------------------------------3.7-------------------------6.2
    8. Boat 8---------------3.5---------------------------------4.0-------------------------6.2
    Boat 7 is the Winner
    I can't think of any ways of doing this logically, is it random? What are your guys thoughts?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted