1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating Total Elapsed Time

1. Apr 24, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew where I could find some example problems involving similar scenarios as this question structure:

Calculate the total elapsed time for an object to complete a certain path (you are given the length of the path, acceleration and the constant speed of the object)

Any input would be appreciated, this is a correspondance grade 11 physics course, and I'm just working through my final exam review. There were no questions similar to this in the texts provided, however I have a good feeling I can solve these types of problems confidently. If anyone could find a similar problem on the internet I'd appreciate you posting it so I can study it for Monday. Thanks for your time.
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Can I make one up?

A person is running a 400 m race. If he can accelerate at 5 m/s^2 up to a top speed of 30 km/h, how long does it take him to finish the course? What if he decelerates at 0.1 m/s^2 immediately after reaching his top speed due to fatigue?

4. Apr 24, 2010 #3
    Nice question! Thanks a bunch, I'll start working on it and let you know my results :)

5. Apr 24, 2010 #4
    Well maybe tomorrow, been studying all night and it's already after midnight haha. Thanks again!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook