Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Calculating Total Elapsed Time

1. Apr 24, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew where I could find some example problems involving similar scenarios as this question structure:

Calculate the total elapsed time for an object to complete a certain path (you are given the length of the path, acceleration and the constant speed of the object)

Any input would be appreciated, this is a correspondance grade 11 physics course, and I'm just working through my final exam review. There were no questions similar to this in the texts provided, however I have a good feeling I can solve these types of problems confidently. If anyone could find a similar problem on the internet I'd appreciate you posting it so I can study it for Monday. Thanks for your time.
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Can I make one up?

A person is running a 400 m race. If he can accelerate at 5 m/s^2 up to a top speed of 30 km/h, how long does it take him to finish the course? What if he decelerates at 0.1 m/s^2 immediately after reaching his top speed due to fatigue?

4. Apr 24, 2010 #3
    Nice question! Thanks a bunch, I'll start working on it and let you know my results :)

5. Apr 24, 2010 #4
    Well maybe tomorrow, been studying all night and it's already after midnight haha. Thanks again!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook