1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Calculating values in a simple, multi-component inductor circuit

1. Mar 25, 2010 #1
    Hi all, i'm a first time poster here, so this probably seems really audacious, but i have an assignment to do within the next 5 hours which decides whether i fail this year of college, so any help would be hugely appreciated. I'm a first year computer science undergrad in ireland (so it's curretly 3:19am, that's what kind of situation i'm in!) and this assignment is for my semi electrical engineering module. Our lecture has genuinely not shown how to do any of this and many of our class has already accepted having to do repeats because of this assignment.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The problems are in the attached PDF file under the heading exercises. They look at simple at first but all i can find that relates to it is completely over my head and i barely know where to start.

2. Relevant equations

The relevant equations that have been recomended to me are as follows....

For dealing with inductance
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/0/1/7/0176317c32dcab8e53c5549022fbe524.png

For dealing with capacitance
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/8/1/b/81be8d3cde0015f1cf4c9c969849d868.png

3. The attempt at a solution

Attempt at a solution? very little :(

The best i've managed is screwing around with the formulae and breaking down but i barely know what the variables relate to, let alone how to work them out to something useful or trustworthy.

Any help would be appreciated, all i need is a solid attempt at these questions to pass the coursework and by extension the module. Also, hope i haven't broken any rules with first post.

Thanks for reading
    -kieran

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted