1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculator help

1. Oct 11, 2006 #1
    Hi all. I have a Casio fx-85MS scientific calculator but forgot how to work it. I need to do calculations like 2000/(1+0.08) to the power of 9. Its a formula for working out the value of money in x amount of years at 8% discount factor. I cant rememer how to get the power of function on the calculator to work, I thought it was EXP something but cant figure it out. I even downloaded the userguide but cant understand it. Incase you havn't guessed its been a while since I needed to do mahts,
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2006 #2

nazzard

Gold Member

The button labeled ^ should be the right one. According to a picture of this calculator I've found it is just above sin.

Use EXP to get powers of 10. For example: EXP,5,EXE would be the same as 10,^,5,EXE. Both results will be 100000.

Regards,

nazzard

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook