Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Calculator To Get For College

1. Jun 10, 2003 #1
    I'm starting college in a couple months now, and I would like to know which calculator I should get. I heard TI-92+ is nice, but unrealistic as many teachers won't let you use them on tests. 89's are a good alternative, but I have heard that HP's are better.

Right now I own a HP48gx. I'm majoring in engineering, and perhaps a double major in physics, but I'm not positive yet.

All I want to know is if I should get another calculator, such as a TI, or not.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2003 #2
    I'd stick to the one you have and invest my time learning to use it instead of spending more money on another. That is a great calculator for engineering!
  4. Jun 10, 2003 #3

Time I have spent, I used to read the manual in study hall, lots of fun!

Soon I hope to use it for actual, worthwhile problems.
  5. Jun 10, 2003 #4
    Also, does anybody know where I could get extra memory for this calculator? All the sites that had it before are gone:frown:
  6. Jun 10, 2003 #5
    This is a great source for downloadable programs and...

many other things relating to HP calculators. You might enjoy browsing here;

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?