Calc A-B Exam: What to Expect & How to Prepare

In summary, the Calc A-B Exam covers topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, and applications of calculus, as well as pre-calculus topics. It typically lasts around 3 hours and 15 minutes and includes both multiple-choice and free-response sections. The best way to prepare is to practice solving problems and review course material, and calculators are allowed but must be approved. The exam is scored on a scale of 1-5 and a score of 3 or higher is considered passing.
thharrimw
i am in 11 grade and i have taught myself calculus so the calc teacher at my school sighned me up for the A-B calc exam and i was wondering what types of problems are on the A-B calc exam and what do i need to get more in depth with to take the A-B calc exam?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What topics will be covered on the Calc A-B Exam?

The Calc A-B Exam typically covers topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, and applications of calculus. It may also include topics from pre-calculus, such as algebra and trigonometry.

2. How long is the Calc A-B Exam?

The length of the Calc A-B Exam varies, but it is typically around 3 hours and 15 minutes. This includes a multiple-choice section and a free-response section.

3. What is the best way to prepare for the Calc A-B Exam?

The best way to prepare for the Calc A-B Exam is to practice solving a variety of problems from each topic covered on the exam. It is also helpful to review any notes or material from your calculus course and to take practice exams.

4. Are calculators allowed on the Calc A-B Exam?

Yes, calculators are allowed on the Calc A-B Exam, but they must be approved by the College Board. Scientific or graphing calculators are recommended for this exam.

5. How is the Calc A-B Exam scored?

The Calc A-B Exam is scored on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest score. Multiple-choice questions and free-response questions are weighted differently, and the final score is a combination of both sections. A score of 3 or higher is considered passing and may earn college credit at some universities.