AP Calc BC Prep in 2 Months: Is It Possible?

In summary, I think you should probably not do the AP calculus BC exam in just two months. It's a lot of information to absorb in just two months, and it's not helpful in the long run if you plan to use calculus in the future. It's not impossible but it's far from efficient.
Ethan Hummel
Hello I am currently a sophomore in high school and am looking to graduate early next year. I need to take 4 additional classes this summer at my local community college in order to satisfy all the courses I need in order to graduate early. To give my self a boost I was looking into taking the AP CALC BC exam this year with only 3 months to go until the actual AP test this year on May 11, do you think it would be possible to teach myself AP calculus BC is a matter of 2 months with INTENSE studying probably for 4 hours a day plus like 6 hours on the weekend for everyday until the exam with knowledge of pre calculus and strong algebra skills. Thankyou for answering to my question. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you do it in 2 months? Yes. Should you do it in 2 months? Probably not.

Likes Intraverno
micromass said:
Can you do it in 2 months? Yes. Should you do it in 2 months? Probably not.
Why don't you think I should do it in 2 months?

It's a lot of information to absorb in just two months, and it's not helpful in the long run if you plan to use calculus in the future. It's not impossible but it's far from efficient.

Sure, you can probably do very well on the exam in 2 months. But that's called cramming. Will you gain the necessary deeper insight? Will you still be comfortable with the material after several years? Things like that are important. And the more time you spend on something, the more comfortable you will be with it, and the more comfortable you will remain with the material. I suggest to take out all the time it takes to learn the subject. Don't rush things.

Ethan Hummel said:
INTENSE studying probably for 4 hours a day plus like 6 hours on the weekend for everyday
This is in addition to your normal schoolwork?

Thankyou for all the insight guys I just have a comment to micromass, don't you think students who do take the normal duration class forget the information especially when they don't use it and I would like to major in Physics this summer and I would be using the topics quite frequently

1. Can I really prepare for AP Calc BC in just 2 months?

While it is certainly possible to prepare for the AP Calc BC exam in 2 months, it will require a significant amount of dedication and hard work. It is important to have a solid foundation in the concepts and skills covered in the course before attempting to cram everything into 2 months. It is also important to have a clear study plan and to stay organized and focused during this time.

2. How should I go about preparing for AP Calc BC in 2 months?

First, make sure you have a thorough understanding of the material covered in the course so far. Then, create a study plan that includes reviewing notes and practice problems, as well as taking practice exams to assess your understanding. Be sure to also utilize online resources and seek help from your teacher or peers when needed.

3. How many hours should I dedicate to studying each day?

This will vary for each individual, but it is recommended to dedicate at least 2-3 hours of focused studying each day. It is important to also take breaks and allow your brain to rest and recharge.

4. What are some tips for retaining the material in such a short amount of time?

One tip is to break the material into smaller, manageable chunks and focus on one topic at a time. Practice problems and actively engaging with the material can also help with retention. Additionally, finding a study partner or forming a study group can be beneficial for discussing and reinforcing concepts.

5. Is it better to study alone or with a group?

This will depend on your learning style and preferences. Some people may find it helpful to study alone and work at their own pace, while others may benefit from studying with a group for support and collaboration. It is important to find what works best for you and to not be afraid to switch it up if needed.