Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Derivative Terminology

  1. May 4, 2015 #1
    I have attached an image of a function that I fit to a scatter plot, and I would like to know if there is a term for the point on the function at which the slope transitions from being less than -1 to greater than -1. I have highlighted this point approximately in yellow. Thanks!http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54dfaacbe4b0a566f120550f/t/55481b19e4b03cee0385b39a/1430788890834/?format=750w [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2015 #2


    Staff: Mentor

    There's no term describing this that I've ever heard of.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. May 4, 2015 #3
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook