1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus exercises wanted

1. Jun 5, 2005 #1
    Hi everybody,
    I am searching for a Calculus book that is focused on exercises and not on theory. I am studying multivariable functions and I need a book with lots of solved exercises. I especially want to focus on the double,triple,surface and line integrals. Any suggestions??
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2005 #2
    schaum's probably has a book like that. schaum's books are cheap too
  4. Jun 8, 2005 #3
    Thanks for your answer. Schaum's "Calculus" and "Advanced Calculus" seem to me quite good. But you know, many topics are explained in them so there are not many solved exercises. I actually want a book about integrals, methods of integration etc
  5. Jun 13, 2005 #4
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  6. Jun 15, 2005 #5
    Thanks for your suggestions devious. I hadn't checked Amazon because I have never bought anything online but I think I will start. They seem to be what I am looking for, and in my country i can't find anything like that in bookstores.(except from "Calculus" by Schaum)

Thanks again for your help
  7. Jun 15, 2005 #6
    I know what you mean.. :/
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?