1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus for the practical man

1. Jun 30, 2013 #1
    Is it a good first calculus book? Feynman used and liked it. it especially made for self study and that's what I need...did any of you use it? Is there something better?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2013 #2
    Spivak calculus series seems to be appreciated by a lot of people...If you want something for the computation drill, Demidovich mathematical analysis book is the all time classic, even though it is now considered quite "hardcore" by some. It also includes the basics of theory you need to solve the exercises. (Well, at least like first 10% of them, later exercises usually need some kind of a trick).

4. Jun 30, 2013 #3
    I have Spivak I'm saving it for later ...I need an intro book and I'm also looking for a review for 'Calculus for the practical man '? did anyone use it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted