1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus level Catch-up Books

1. Nov 22, 2011 #1
    My inquiry is hard to describe with out some background so bear with me.

I have done coursework through Differential Equations and vector calculus in college. The intuitive parts of my education covered in vector calc make perfect sense to me because most of it is very kinesthetically intuitive, while the more abstract content of Diff-eq's and Linear algebra take serious work on my part.

I feel that I never built the foundation necessary for higher math because I brushed through a lot of coursework back in high school relating to integration and linear algebra. It was easy enough that I didn't have to build a depth of understanding to get through tests.

I'm looking for a few textbooks that cover Statistics and Probability, Linear Algebra and Calculus (primarily integration and proofs) that I can work through from start to finish to reconstruct my foundations.

I'm currently working through Spivak's "Calculus" and Axler's "Linear Algebra Done Right." Though I am not dead-set on them, I had always heard good things.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted