How to Solve Calculus Problems Quickly and Efficiently?

• Thread starter dth257
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the person is asking questions and trying to figure out what they need to do to solve the problem, but is having some trouble doing so.
dth257
Calculus Problem!

prm-1_zps25a60cf1.jpg

need help with d

Physics news on Phys.org

dth257 said:
[ IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc99/munteo/prm-1_zps25a60cf1.jpg[/PLAIN]
need help with d
Hello dth257. Welcome to PF !

What is f '(x) ?

What is f-1(0) ?

Last edited:

I'm sorry i don't know what you meant. Are you asking questions or showing me the way to do it?

dth257 said:
prm-1_zps25a60cf1.jpg

need help with d

Show your work. Forum rules require you to do some work on your own first, before seeking help.

dth257 said:
I'm sorry i don't know what you meant. Are you asking questions or showing me the way to do it?
You said you needed help with part (d), so I assumed you know how to do parts a, b, c .

I'm sorry for misunderstand.
a. f(1)= 0
b. f'(1)= sqrt(5)/5=.447214

dth257 said:
I'm sorry for misunderstand.
a. f(1)= 0
b. f'(1)= sqrt(5)/5=.447214

Showing your work means not only giving the answers but trying to explain how you got them. What about c)? Once you've got that there is a formula for differentiating inverse functions. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse_functions_and_differentiation Is that the part you are missing?

Last edited:

I'm sorry I'm a newbie in here. I don't know how to type these mathematical equations in the forum. It would take me few hours to just type all of the work down.( that why i posted the picture instead of type them out) So i just gave out the answer. That's the fastest way i can do.

dth257 said:
I'm sorry I'm a newbie in here. I don't know how to type these mathematical equations in the forum. It would take me few hours to just type all of the work down.( that why i posted the picture instead of type them out) So i just gave out the answer. That's the fastest way i can do.

Fastest isn't best. Any thoughts about c)?

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of continuous change. It involves the use of derivatives and integrals to analyze and solve problems related to rates of change, optimization, and growth.

2. What is a Calculus problem?

A Calculus problem is a mathematical question that requires the use of concepts and techniques from Calculus to find a solution. These problems often involve rates of change, optimization, and finding the area under a curve.

3. How do you solve a Calculus problem?

To solve a Calculus problem, you must first identify the problem and understand the given information. Then, you will need to use the appropriate formulas and techniques to find a solution. This may involve taking derivatives, setting up integrals, or using other Calculus methods.

4. What are the common types of Calculus problems?

Some common types of Calculus problems include finding derivatives and integrals of functions, solving optimization problems, and finding the area under a curve. Other types may involve related rates, volumes of solids, or applications in physics and economics.

5. How do Calculus problems relate to real-world applications?

Calculus has numerous real-world applications, such as predicting the growth of populations, modeling the spread of diseases, optimizing business processes, and understanding the motion of objects. These problems can be solved using Calculus techniques to provide valuable insights and solutions in various fields of study.