Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Problems Aggregate

1. Aug 29, 2010 #1
    Hey all:

I know the best way to learn mathematics is by practicing questions and just do them over and over again. I find a lot of the time, the assigned questions just aren't enough for most courses. I was wondering if there was a repository or aggregate site online that contains a lot of questions. The format doesn't matter; pdf, web, etc. I know that I could just buy more books and do those problems. I was just wondering if there was an alternative place online.

It would be great cause I can load up a topic that I am weak in and then do problems and get better at said topic.

Thanks in advance.

PS. If there are any other suggestions for problems. I would love to hear about them.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2010 #2
    There are all sorts of sources out on the web for help,like this.

What is most helpful are not problems with answers but problems with solutions.

Google with the right keywords should uncover many sites for you.

Also there are videos of teachers going thru solutions.

One of my favorites is Dr Suitcliff at LA City College.
    Go to youtube and search for "refrigeratormathprof"
    She covers many topics and is fun to watch

4. Sep 5, 2010 #3
    Thank you very much for the reply. What keywords do you think would be good. Like the topic and stuff like that?

5. Sep 6, 2010 #4
    Just look at the table of contents of any text and you'll see the topics.
    Calculus breaks down to Integration and Differentiation.
    You need to learn Diff before Integration.
    Then you need to know the general rules; summation, constant, product, quotient, chain rules
    Then there is Integration techniques; U substitution, Integration by Parts, Partial Fractions
    And you need to review algebra like; Complete the Square, Long Division and Factoring of Polynomials

Good luck and go slowly so as not to get discouraged

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook