1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus tutorial DVDs and video links

1. Oct 22, 2005 #1
    I thought I would share these links with others taking calculus courses right now.

My calculus course is using the textbook Calculus 8th edition by Larson, Hostetler, Edwards. For anyone wanting to supplement their current calculus course I strongly recommend purchasing the lecture DVDs. Dana Mosley gives an excellent lecture on EVERY section covered in this book. The ISBN for the DVDs can be found on this web page.
    Calculus 8th - Supplements

Here's an example at this site of what the lectures on the DVDs are like...
    Sample DVD Lectures from older textbook

I've found some online calculus lectures from this university. There are lectures for Calc I and Calc II. Nice but not as thorough as the DVDs...

If anyone has any other links please contribute...
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Oct 22, 2005 #3
    Thanks for sharing the list. I added a comment on the blog
    that contains the link to sfsu.edu.
  5. Oct 25, 2005 #4
    Where can I download these Videos?
    Because I'm not in America , it's seem that i cann't get the DVD!
  6. Oct 26, 2005 #5
    They aren't available for download :( The DVDs don't ship internationally?
  7. Oct 29, 2005 #6
    no,it only been sold in America.
  8. Oct 29, 2005 #7
    no,it only been sold in America:mad: :mad:
  9. Jan 4, 2006 #8
    Those DVD lectures for the Larson book are GREAT! I bought them a while back and have learned a great deal from them. I sure do wish that they had these lectures for the rest of the book. I wonder why they don't.
  10. Jan 4, 2006 #9
    The DVDs I purchased are for the entire book. They begin to skip some sections once you get to the end of chapter 7. Maybe in the next version of the textbook they will cover all the sections in the DVD.

The sections that are covered are:

Since my original post, I found other DVD's from Houghton Mifflin by the same guy, Professor Dana Mosley. They are titled

"Trigonometry" 6th Edition - Instructional DVDs - ISBN: 0-618-31805-4
    "Algebra and Trigonometry" 6th Edition - Instructional DVDs - ISBN: 0-618-31791-0

I purchased both of these, again they are both great for a quick review on topics!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  11. Oct 14, 2006 #10
    Mosley ROCKS!!!!

His videos have saved my Calculus hide.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?