What Grade Level Does Calculus Extend to in Electrical DAE Programs?

• Thread starter otomanb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the person is currently in 12th grade and has learned a lot of calculus, including integration and differentiation. They are wondering up to which class/grade they will have to continue studying calculus, as they are currently doing a DAE in Electrical. They also ask if calculus is part of engineering or at a master's level. The response suggests that while calculus classes at the 12th grade level can be good, they may focus more on technique rather than concepts due to students' lack of abstract thinking. The person may have to take another 1-2 years of calculus in university, potentially at a more rigorous level.
otomanb
I am in 12 grade. In this period of time I have learn much calculus like integ and differenct. I want to know up to which class/grade i have to face calculus i m doing DAE in Electrical.
Is calculus is in Engineering or in Mater level (16th) grade ?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm of two minds about Calculus classes at the 12th grade level. They can be very good but often, because the students do not yet have the "abstract" thinking necessary, emphasise technique over concepts. I suspect that you will have to take another, say, year and a half to two years of Calculus in University- perhaps reviewing what you have already learned, but, hopefully, at a more rigorous level- including differential equations.

thanks for the reply sir

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that involves the study of changes in quantities. It is used to find and analyze the rates of change and the behavior of functions.

2. What are the two main branches of Calculus?

The two main branches of Calculus are differential calculus and integral calculus. Differential calculus deals with the study of rates of change, while integral calculus deals with the study of accumulation of quantities.

3. What is the difference between differential and integral calculus?

Differential calculus focuses on finding the instantaneous rate of change of a function, while integral calculus focuses on finding the total accumulation of a function over a given interval.

4. What is the highest level of Calculus that is typically taught?

The highest level of Calculus that is typically taught is Calculus III, which covers multivariable calculus and vector calculus.

5. Is Calculus a difficult subject to learn?

Calculus can be a challenging subject to learn, as it involves complex mathematical concepts and requires a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry. However, with dedication and practice, it can be mastered.