1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus vs Pre-Calculus

1. Sep 15, 2010 #1
    I'm in Pre-calc as a sophomore and I find it very easy. I have held the highest grade in my class, of mostly juniors and seniors, since the beginning of the year. I am going to be taking A.P. Calculus AB next year and I am a little worried. Is it similar to pre-calc? If i did really well in pre-calc will i do just as well in calculus?by (jess)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2010 #2
    If you're doing well so far, and you keep up with your studies, then I don't see why you would be so worried about taking Calc AB.

4. Sep 16, 2010 #3
    Calculus is much different than pre-calculus conceptually. Pre-calculus is just some algebra, trigonometry, and review to help you in calculus but rarely ever has calculus. Once you study calculus, if you like it, then you will excel, even if it is hard work.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook