1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

- Calibration curve question

1. Dec 12, 2005 #1
    URGENT- Calibration curve question

Okay, so I'm a physicist doing a chem class so I'm a little out of my depth.

I've got a lab report to hand in but I'm a little stuck on the last part, working out the concentration of Se from a calibration curve. My problem is that the calibration curve is against the result from MS analysis, and I have three curves on the graph from 77, 78 and 82 Se, however the x-axis (based on my standards) is the concentration of Se not of the individual isotopes.

How do I work out the concentration of Se in my digest as a whole from the three curves, should I just work out the result from each curve and take and average?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2005 #2

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm not absolutely sure what you're trying to do here. From the mass spectral analysis you should be able to acertain the abundances of the isotopes, your description of the calibration curve is unclear.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?