1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calibration non-linearity & hysteresis

1. May 1, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    This is a problem from an old exam. It gives us this table of information and we are asked to find the maximum nonlinearity and hysteresis.

[Broken]

The way I went about the question seems too simple.
    I got the average between increasing and decreasing measurements- the average indicated value. Then I found the difference between the increasing and decreasing values. The maximum hysteresis is at the point where this difference value is highest, or when this difference value relative to the average value is highest.
    The non linearity is the difference between the average indicated value and the predicted values from the calibration equation. The maximum non linearity, just like hysteresis, is when this difference is a maximum, or when the relative difference is a maximum.

Could someone confirm that my simple approach is correct?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?