1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calling All Engineers! I have a question!

1. Nov 10, 2009 #1
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Ashley Lake, and I'm currently a college student interested in pursuing a career in Engineering. Before I can declare my major, I have to complete a "Career and Life Planning" (required) course, to make sure that I really "know" I want to go into the field I am majoring in. (Surprisingly it's actually a decently interesting course). We have to do a major paper (basically determining our final grade and if we pass) and one of the major components in it is to interview three people from your chosen career. I was wondering if there would be any fabulous engineers out there who would be so kind as to answer a few questions about their career for me? These are all required questions that our professor has given us to ask. You can just copy and paste the questions and reply, or send it to me as a private message. Feel free to be as detailed as you like. After I'm done I'll be sure to send you a copy of the final paper which I include you in. Thanks SO much!

QUESTIONS:

a) What is your first name? Where do you work?

b) How would you describe your work responsibilities?

c) How many hours do you work per week?

d) What is the salary range from the low end to the high end in this field of work?

e) What are some of the benefits in this position (for example, insurance, sick leave, vacation, paid tuition, etc)?

f) What do you like most and least about your job? (If you like everything, what do you "like least")

g) What is the prospect for employment in this field?

h) What are the opportunities for promotion?

i) Is there one achievement in your career so far that really stands out?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?