1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calling for papers

1. May 26, 2005 #1
    I see in my department bulletin board a poster "IEEE computer, call for papers", do you know how a research result should be to get accepted ???
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2005 #2

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Send it to the organizing committee, or get someone to send it on your behalf. I presume you are still a student or something - so ask the research staff in your department.

4. May 26, 2005 #3
    Yes, I am a student, I amnot going to publish any papers, I just wonder a little how things work.

5. May 26, 2005 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Normally it is a call for abstracts, where you are able to present your research work. Published work normally is not accepted, only work in progress. As matt grime said, ask for information from the organizers.

6. May 28, 2005 #5
    Hello, Monique, have you published any paper or articles before ?
    What are they ?

7. May 28, 2005 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have, both at conferences and in journals. My profile lists some of the work I've done.

8. May 29, 2005 #7
    Thanks, :biggrin:
    after reading some posts you posted yesterday, I have got to say, you are so nice,charming and,...(sigh)...
    ~~ChrislovesAlex

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?