Has anyone heard back from Caltech for the LIGO summer program?

In summary, the Caltech LIGO summer program is a 10-week research opportunity for undergraduate students to work with scientists and engineers at the LIGO facility at Caltech. It is open to students currently enrolled in a degree program in physics, astronomy, engineering, or a related field, with at least two years of coursework completed and a strong interest in gravitational wave research. Participants will work on a research project, attend seminars and workshops, and present their findings at the end of the program. Financial support, including a stipend for housing and living expenses, travel expenses, and potential funding for research-related expenses, is available for participants.
Ivor Chen
Hi everyone, I have applied to the LIGO summer program. But I'm not from Caltech. I'm wondering if anyone has heard back from Caltech yet. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I heard back, once with a request for more info (I didn't get the position) and once with an offer at the Washington site. I declined, though.
I think everyone will hear back by March 15, according to their site.

My bad, the site says only successful applicants will hear back by that deadline. Just wanted to clarify.

What is the Caltech LIGO summer program?

The Caltech LIGO summer program is a research opportunity for undergraduate students to work with scientists and engineers at the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) facility at Caltech. Students will have the opportunity to conduct research and contribute to the field of gravitational wave detection.

Who is eligible to apply for the program?

The program is open to undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a degree program in physics, astronomy, engineering, or a related field. Students must have completed at least two years of coursework and have a strong interest in gravitational wave research.

What is the duration of the program?

The Caltech LIGO summer program is a 10-week program, typically running from early June to mid-August. Participants are expected to commit full-time to the program during this period.

What will participants do during the program?

Participants will work on a research project under the guidance of a LIGO scientist or engineer. They will also attend seminars and workshops to learn about gravitational wave research and data analysis techniques. At the end of the program, participants will present their research findings to the LIGO community.

Is financial support available for participants?

Yes, participants will receive a stipend to cover housing and living expenses during the program. Travel expenses to and from Caltech will also be covered. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to apply for funding to cover research-related expenses.