Camera down throat

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
Has any one had this done to them? it sounds horrible even more so to a person that hates hospitals

Answers and Replies

Do you mean a gastroscopy, wolram? I have, and there's nothing to it. They sprayed my throat to make it numb, gave me an injection of Valium and something else, I nodded out for the majority of the procedure, and woke in a room where the hospital staff let me sleep it off. I didn't experience a sore throat or anything.

Some people -- such as my father -- remain awake regardless of the meds, but he was so calmed by the medication, he really didn't mind or care. I think he even got to watch a bit of what they were doing on the monitor.

It's not even a day-surgery thing. It's in and out in a few hours; just have someone to pick you up and cart you home.

Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Just make sure there's a woman present during the entire procedure...:biggrin:

Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
Do you mean a gastroscopy, wolram? I have, and there's nothing to it. They sprayed my throat to make it numb, gave me an injection of Valium and something else, I nodded out for the majority of the procedure, and woke in a room where the hospital staff let me sleep it off. I didn't experience a sore throat or anything.

Some people -- such as my father -- remain awake regardless of the meds, but he was so calmed by the medication, he really didn't mind or care. I think he even got to watch a bit of what they were doing on the monitor.

It's not even a day-surgery thing. It's in and out in a few hours; just have someone to pick you up and cart you home.

I am glad about that, i was very reluctant to accept.

wolram
Gold Member
Just make sure there's a woman present during the entire prodecure...:biggrin:

Strange but nurses seem to gather around me.

An endoscopy? I've never had one but in the next little while I have to go observe one :) I've heard its not to bad.

turbo
Gold Member
I've been scoped from both ends during a single session, Woolie. (Hopefully with different equipment!!!!!):yuck: It's not unusual.

wolram
Gold Member
I've been scoped from both ends during a single session, Woolie. (Hopefully with different equipment!!!!!):yuck: It's not unusual.

But what happens if you want to cough or some thing, i remember when they pulled a tube out of my nose that went deep down some where, that was horrible.

It's way, way easier than the tube down the nose.

turbo
Gold Member
But what happens if you want to cough or some thing, i remember when they pulled a tube out of my nose that went deep down some where, that was horrible.
Yep! I had one of those nose-cams running when the doctor did not sufficiently appreciate my heart-felt description of my gag-reflex. He was sorry, and it wasn't my fault. Too bad for him.

wolram
Gold Member
Well thanks guys, i feel a bit easier about it now, i suppose i should put my self on the waiting list, i might even be better before they get to me.

Danger
Gold Member
I haven't had a gastroscope inserted, but my demographic demands a colonoscopy every once in a while. I'd gladly trade places with you.

wolram
Gold Member
I haven't had a gastroscope inserted, but my demographic demands a colonoscopy every once in a while. I'd gladly trade places with you.

It makes me feel ill just looking at words like that, having to go to a hospital
(even visiting) makes me feel ill, in all my years i have only just found a doctor i trust.

Danger
Gold Member
It's a common fear, Woolie... nothing to be embarrassed about. People naturally feel a bit helpless when they relenquish control of their bodies to someone else. If you're a good boy and do what the nice doctor says, they might give you a lolly afterward.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
For some reason, my doctor hasn't yet felt the need. I thought it was common practice as of 40 and even asked him about it but he said no. And here I even went to the trouble to wear my best party nickers to my appointment...

turbo
Gold Member
Don't worry, it's coming at age 50 along with "offers" from AARP every couple of months.

I had a kidney stone removed from my ureter without cutting. 'nuff said?

wolram
Gold Member
I had a kidney stone removed from my ureter without cutting. 'nuff said?

That must have been painful, i would not have thought they could get a stone out that way.