1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can a physicist look at this please and tell me if i have derived this correctly?

1. Feb 26, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need a physicist to look over these derivations and help me see if there are any mistakes. Thank you in advance, it is much appreciated.

2. Relevant equations

- reltivistic math derivations

3. The attempt at a solution

The First Part

[tex]E^2-(pc)^2=(Mc^2)^2[/tex] where the expression [tex](Mc^2)^2[/tex] is by definition, the squared mathematical precision of an ''invariant mass'', hence, [tex]Mc^4[/tex].

[tex]\rightarrow Mv(\frac{E}{M})=Mc^2(v)[/tex]

allow [tex]v=c[/tex] then this simplifies to [tex]Mv^3=Mc^2[/tex] (Just to show that these are relativistic equivalances without the need of gamma function. This now leads me to calculate:

[tex]Mv(E)(\frac{D}{v})=Mc^2.v[/tex]

The Second Part

my equation, albiet as simple as it is, will show its importance throughout the metric work:

[1] [tex]M(1+M)=2M[/tex] if

[2] [tex]-(\frac{E}{c})^2+mv^2=p^2[/tex]

then combine by division of [1] and [2] equations, allowing the relativistic proof:

[tex]\frac{\eta^{\mu v}p_{\mu}p_{\mu}}{2m}=\frac{p^2}{2m}=\frac{p^2}{2}\frac{E}{c^2}[/tex]

which then follows

[tex]p^2=\eta^{\mu v}p_{mu}p_{v}=-(\frac{E}{c^2})^2+p^2[/tex]

I need to go the now, i will finish this later, but sooner than later.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2009 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That is true

That is true.

No you need a mathematician. Because those are also the only equations I could find that don't have (mathematical) errors in them.

4. Feb 26, 2009 #3
    That is true, friend.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook