Can a virtual particle from a maget accelerate another particle on a linear path?

In summary: Space-time definitely does differ for matter with magnetic properties moving within a magnetic field in a particle accelerator.
Nonametheone
Summary: Can a particle accelerator accelerate gaseous fuel?

Does space-time differ for detonating ionized fuel moving near the speed of light within a magnetic field such as a particle accelerator?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The answers to all three questions (the one in the title and the two in the post) are “no”.

Likes weirdoguy, Vanadium 50, Nonametheone and 1 other person
@Nonametheone In the future please ask one question at a time and give folks some time to answer before posting a new unrelated question.

Likes Nonametheone
Nugatory said:
The answers to all three questions (the one in the title and the two in the post) are “no”.
Should I delete this question?

Yes but I still think virtual particles can have linear motion without a receiver. I will read more of it soon. I still have yet to learn equations.

Nonametheone said:
Yes but I still think virtual particles can have linear motion without a receiver. I will read more of it soon. I still have yet to learn equations.
Virtual particles don't move. They're bookkeeping devices for certain calculations which mathematically (!) look like particles in certain ways.

haushofer said:
Virtual particles don't move. They're bookkeeping devices for certain calculations which mathematically (!) look like particles in certain ways.
Then what are the particles that a magnet emits?

There is no particles that magnet emits.

weirdoguy said:
There is no particles that magnet emits.
So what is a magnet emitting?

Last edited:
Nothing. Magnetic or electromagnetic field is just there, it's not emitted in the form of particles.

Nonametheone said:
Summary: Can a magnetic field be directed like a laser to create a fine path to travel upon?

Summary: Can a magnetic field be directed like or with in laser or beam to create a fine path to travel upon?

Does space time differ for matter with magnetic properties moving within a magnetic field in a particle accelerator?
Magnetic field can't be directed as a path, field created will be around the magnetic material.

1. What is a virtual particle?

A virtual particle is a particle that exists for a very short period of time, as described by the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. It is created out of the vacuum of space and quickly annihilates itself.

2. How can a virtual particle accelerate another particle?

According to quantum field theory, virtual particles can interact with other particles through the exchange of force-carrying particles. This exchange can result in a change in the momentum and energy of the particles, causing acceleration.

3. Can virtual particles be observed or detected?

No, virtual particles cannot be observed or detected directly. They are only predicted by mathematical equations and their effects can be observed through experiments.

4. Is the acceleration caused by virtual particles significant?

The acceleration caused by virtual particles is very small and is usually negligible compared to other forces acting on the particles. However, in certain situations, such as in the early universe or near black holes, the effects of virtual particles can be more significant.

5. Can virtual particles accelerate particles on a linear path?

Yes, virtual particles can accelerate particles on a linear path as long as there is an exchange of force-carrying particles between them. However, this acceleration may not be constant and can vary depending on the strength and direction of the force.