Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Can an Electrical Eng. with good Physics-GRE enroll in master physics program ?

Tags:
  1. Aug 29, 2009 #1
    Hello

I have just graduated as an Electrical Engineer in one of the universities in middle east.
    Now Iam working in a local company.

my GPA is 3.44 and I have the following Background :

Physics : Physics A & B , Analog & Digital electronics , EM I & II
    Math : Calculus A,B & C , ODE , Probabilities

I haven't taken the Physics GRE (PGRE) yet . But I Plan to first self-study some physics topics like mechanics , optics , quantum mechanics , relativity , statistical physics , solid-state , waves and vibration and atomic physics.

I will self-study these topics in a period of 1.5 years , not just to pass the PGRE , but for myself to really understand..So the study will bee serious although not a type of formal education.

The question
    Suppose I got a good PGRE score - say 900 - then will any American or UK university admit me despite not being a physics major ??

@ Admins : sorry , but plz move this thread to Academic Guidance .

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted