Can anybody tell me how to note that one thread has been solved?

• Thread starter walkinginwater
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the inability to edit thread titles and the suggestion for the web-administrator to enhance this functionality. The original poster also thanks those who helped solve their problem and expresses their desire to add "This thread has been already solved" to the title.
walkinginwater
hi, guys:
Several days ago, I post a question and with the help of nice people,the problem has been solved! So I want to add "This thread has been already solved" after the original thread title. But I cannot modify that!
Can anybody tell me how to do that? Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
For whatever reason, I don't think members are able to edit the titles of threads once they've been posted. The best you can do is what you did--thank whoever helped and state that your question/problem has been answered/solved.

Oh, that's a pity. Maybe the web-administrator can enhance this functionality!

1. How can I mark a thread as solved?

To mark a thread as solved, you can use a specific tag or label that indicates the thread has been resolved. This can be done manually by the thread creator or by a moderator of the forum.

2. What is the purpose of marking a thread as solved?

The purpose of marking a thread as solved is to improve the user experience and make it easier for others to find solutions to similar problems. It also helps to keep the forum organized and prevents duplicate answers.

3. Can anyone mark a thread as solved?

In most cases, only the thread creator or a moderator has the ability to mark a thread as solved. This ensures that the solution is provided by the original poster or verified by a trusted source.

4. How do I know if a thread has been marked as solved?

A thread that has been marked as solved will usually have a specific tag or label indicating that it has been resolved. This may also be indicated by a different color or icon next to the thread title.

5. Can a thread be marked as unsolved after it has been marked as solved?

Yes, in some cases a thread may be marked as unsolved if the solution provided did not fully resolve the issue or if new information has been discovered. This can be done by the thread creator or a moderator.