Unraveling the Expansion of Our Universe: Seeking Answers | Nautical Thoughts

• Thread starter ocset
  • Start date
In summary, Shane has written about the expansion of our universe and how it is similar to the balloon analogy.
ocset
[Missed off the title - Please]

Hi guys,

I've created a blog to publish some ideas that I've had and would usually use the posts as a journal to revisit them and try to work them out myself at a later date or just add to them.

The first post I've done is regarding a question I've always battled to answer due to lack of time or looking in the right places and it revolves around the expansion of our universe.

I was wondering if anyone had some spare time if they could have a quick read and see if you can shed some light? There is more than likely a solid explanation however I am yet to find it.

My post can be found here: http://nauticalthoughts.com/expansion-universe/ [Broken]

Thanks
Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Space news on Phys.org
I skimmed 'til I got to the point where you said "this is the point at which the big bang occurred" or something similar, and stopped. This is nonsense. I suggest you start with the link in my signature.

ocset said:
Hi guys,

I've created a blog to publish some ideas that I've had and would usually use the posts as a journal to revisit them and try to work them out myself at a later date or just add to them.

The first post I've done is regarding a question I've always battled to answer due to lack of time or looking in the right places and it revolves around the expansion of our universe.

I was wondering if anyone had some spare time if they could have a quick read and see if you can shed some light? There is more than likely a solid explanation however I am yet to find it.

My post can be found here: http://nauticalthoughts.com/expansion-universe/ [Broken]

Thanks
Shane
phinds said:
I skimmed 'til I got to the point where you said "this is the point at which the big bang occurred" or something similar, and stopped. This is nonsense. I suggest you start with the link in my signature.
Thanks Phinds, reading it now, thanks again for the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading through, I am unsure why I have not heard of the balloon analogy before, it seems to sum up pretty much everything I have written about. Thanks for this, its very useful.

Dear Shane,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the expansion of our universe. I find this topic fascinating and I appreciate your curiosity and desire to find answers. I am always excited to see individuals taking an interest in scientific concepts and exploring them in their own way.

After reading your post, I can see that you have put a lot of thought into this question and have proposed some interesting ideas. It is clear that you have a good understanding of the current theories and evidence surrounding the expansion of the universe. However, as you mentioned, there is still much we do not fully understand about this phenomenon.

I would suggest that you continue to research and explore this topic, perhaps through reading scientific articles and attending lectures or seminars on the subject. You may also find it helpful to discuss your ideas with other scientists and experts in the field. Collaboration and discussion can often lead to new insights and breakthroughs.

I also want to encourage you to keep asking questions and seeking answers. That is the essence of scientific inquiry and it is through these curious minds that we make progress in our understanding of the universe.

Best of luck in your journey of unraveling the expansion of our universe.

Sincerely,

1. What is the purpose of asking for help in a scientific context?

Asking for help in a scientific context allows researchers to gather different perspectives, expertise, and resources to further their understanding and progress in their research. It can also lead to collaboration and the development of new ideas and solutions.

2. How can I effectively ask for help in a scientific setting?

To effectively ask for help in a scientific setting, it is important to clearly articulate your specific question or problem, provide relevant background information, and be open to receiving feedback and suggestions. It can also be helpful to reach out to experts in the field or utilize online forums and resources.

3. Is it necessary to acknowledge or credit those who have helped me in my research?

Yes, it is important to acknowledge and credit those who have helped you in your research. This not only gives credit where it is due, but also demonstrates academic integrity and ethical behavior. It is also a way to foster positive relationships and future collaborations.

4. What are some potential challenges that may arise when asking for help in a scientific context?

Some potential challenges that may arise when asking for help in a scientific context include miscommunication, conflicting opinions or approaches, and lack of available resources or expertise. It is important to be open-minded and adaptable in addressing these challenges.

5. How can I offer help to others in the scientific community?

One way to offer help to others in the scientific community is to actively engage in discussions, provide constructive feedback, and share relevant resources and expertise. Collaborating on research projects and mentoring others can also be beneficial ways to offer help and contribute to the advancement of science.