Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anyone help answer this?

1. Oct 13, 2014 #1
    [Missed off the title - Please]

Hi guys,

I've created a blog to publish some ideas that I've had and would usually use the posts as a journal to revisit them and try to work them out myself at a later date or just add to them.

The first post I've done is regarding a question I've always battled to answer due to lack of time or looking in the right places and it revolves around the expansion of our universe.

I was wondering if anyone had some spare time if they could have a quick read and see if you can shed some light? There is more than likely a solid explanation however I am yet to find it.

My post can be found here: http://nauticalthoughts.com/expansion-universe/ [Broken]

Thanks
    Shane

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I skimmed 'til I got to the point where you said "this is the point at which the big bang occurred" or something similar, and stopped. This is nonsense. I suggest you start with the link in my signature.

4. Oct 13, 2014 #3
    Thanks Phinds, reading it now, thanks again for the link.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Oct 13, 2014 #4
    Just reading through, I am unsure why I have not heard of the balloon analogy before, it seems to sum up pretty much everything I have written about. Thanks for this, its very useful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook