Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Can anyone help me out with physics? I dont know what to do (WUL)

1. Apr 23, 2005 #1
    Can anyone help me out with physics problems? I dont know what to do (WUL)

analysis:
    10. the picture that we see in a mirror is called the
    my answer=image
    11. the actual object that makes a picture that we see on a mirror is called the
    my answer=specular

-problems- show your work

15. What is the wavelength of a wave with a frequency of 100.4 MHz?

16. A substance allows light to travel through it with a velocity of 2.45 x10^8 m/s. What is the substances index of refraction?

17. What is the intensity of a light that has a lumnious flux of 750 lumens?

18. What is the illuminance provided by a light with a luminous flux of 1120 lm when it is 2.3 meters away?

19. What would the angle of refraction be if a light ray starts in a diamond and goes into the air it has an angle of incidence of 9 degrees.

20. What is the critical angle of light going from quartz to air?

22. What is the illuminance of a light when it is 4.6 m away from a light with an intensity of 78 candle power?

thanks for any help I dunno what im doing

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2005 #2
    bump...can someone please help me out with this? It's for a grade and I am not totally sure what I'm doing. My teacher doesn't help either.

4. Apr 23, 2005 #3
    please.....anyone at all?

5. Apr 23, 2005 #4
    your asking us to do your homework. show us what you have and we'll help you.

6. Apr 23, 2005 #5
    Here's my answers:

#15: .335 m
    #16: 1.22
    #17: I was not sure how to do this one.
    #18: I was also not sure how to do this one.
    #19: 24.44 degrees
    #20: 40.37 degrees
    #22. 3.6

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook