1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anyone help me to find out the definition of carrier swing & deviation ratio ?

1. Dec 27, 2011 #1
    Can anyone help me to find out the definition of "carrier swing"&"deviation ratio"?

The definitions which i found on surfing the net is too vague.Can someone help me with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Re: Can anyone help me to find out the definition of "carrier swing"&"deviation rati

Is it related to the following?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation_synthesis

Edit: Found the following online:
    Carrier Swing: The total deviation of a frequency-modulated or phase-modulated wave from the lowest instantaneous frequency to the highest instantaneous frequency.

Also found something here: www.ece.vill.edu/~mobasser/chapter3_FM.ppt [Broken] (Look on slide 14)

Does any of that help? What specifically were you having trouble understanding?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook