Can anyone help me with the following ex?(its about freequencies)

• Thread starter dizzzzy23
  • Start date
In summary, the frequency of a signal that repeats 40,000 times within one minute is 666.66 Hertz (cycles per second). The period of the signal is 0.001 seconds. This information can be calculated using the formula T=1/f, where T is the period and f is the frequency. The concepts of baud rate and bit rate do not directly relate to the frequency and period of a signal.
dizzzzy23
this is the ex:
What is the frequency in Hertz (cycles per second) of a signal that repeats 40,000 times within one minute? What is the period of the signal? (10 points)

i think the baud rate is 666.66
the same i the bit rate 666.66 in (ASK) Amplitude shift Keying.

I know that in (ASK) frequency and phase remain constant while only the amplitude change.

But i don't Know how to calculate the frequency and the phase.

can anybody help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
The frequency is defined as the number of cycles per second. 40 000 times per minute is how many cycles per second? A trivial calculation, no?

The period is the time per cycle, which, as I'm sure you can see, is the reciprocal of the frequency.

What does all this stuff about baud rate and bit rate have to do with anything, by the way?

cepheid said:
The frequency is defined as the number of cycles per second. 40 000 times per minute is how many cycles per second? A trivial calculation, no?

The period is the time per cycle, which, as I'm sure you can see, is the reciprocal of the frequency.

What does all this stuff about baud rate and bit rate have to do with anything, by the way?

you said that the frequency is 40000/60=666.66??

Nope, you said that. :wink: But that is correct, and hopefully is based on the hint I gave. I mean, if you have 40 000 cycles in a minute, a second is only one sixtieth of that time interval, so it stands to reason that in a second you have only one sixtieth the number of cycles. I hope that clears up why your calculation is correct.

cepheid said:
Nope, you said that. :wink: But that is correct, and hopefully is based on the hint I gave. I mean, if you have 40 000 cycles in a minute, a second is only one sixtieth of that time interval, so it stands to reason that in a second you have only one sixtieth the number of cycles. I hope that clears up why your calculation is correct.

ok thanks

and the period is T=1/666.66 = 0.001SEC
IS THAT TRUE?

THANKS AGAIN

1. What is the concept of frequencies in science?

Frequencies refer to the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit of time. In science, it is commonly used to describe the number of times a particular event or phenomenon happens within a given time frame.

2. What are some examples of frequencies in science?

Examples of frequencies in science include the frequency of sound waves, the frequency of light waves, the frequency of earthquakes, and the frequency of genetic mutations.

3. How are frequencies measured in science?

Frequencies are typically measured in units of Hertz (Hz), which represents one cycle per second. This can also be expressed as 1/seconds or s⁻¹. Other units such as kilohertz (kHz) and megahertz (MHz) are also commonly used for higher frequencies.

4. What is the relationship between frequency and wavelength?

The frequency of a wave is inversely proportional to its wavelength. This means that as the frequency increases, the wavelength decreases, and vice versa. This relationship is described by the equation f = c/λ, where f is the frequency, c is the speed of light, and λ is the wavelength.

5. How are frequencies used in different scientific fields?

Frequencies have various applications in different scientific fields. In physics, they are used to study the properties of waves and particles. In biology, they are used to study genetic mutations and the functioning of the nervous system. In chemistry, they are used to analyze the composition of substances. In astronomy, they are used to study the properties of stars and galaxies.