Understanding Interaction Forces: Getting Help with a Frustrating Topic

• Thread starter bubbleeyes
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with understanding the concept of interaction forces, specifically in regards to a frictionless pulley and ramp system. The question asks for the mass of the block in static equilibrium and suggests using a free body diagram and trigonometry to find the forces.
bubbleeyes
Can anyone help me with...

Can someone please help me with interaction forces. I am completely stumped about this its making :mad: me really mad!:smile:

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
bubbleeyes said:
Can someone please help me with interaction forces. I am completely stumped about this its making :mad: me really mad!:smile:

Thanks

You cannot expect to receive any kind of meaningful help when you are THIS vague. Be specific. If this is a question regarding school work, please use the Homework, Coursework, & Textbook Questions forum. Take note of the rules for that forum before posting.

Zz.

I just don't get the concept of the whole thing.
Question:
A pulley and ramp are frictionless and the black is in static equilibrium. What is the mass of the block? If the degree is 35 and has 20 kg

Draw a free body diagram (similar to the triangle of the ramp...) Use trigonometry to find the forces (you have one leg of the triangle already, and all the angles...).

bubbleeyes said:
A pulley and ramp are frictionless and the black is in static equilibrium.

When they say the system is in equilibrium, they're saying that the net force is zero: that is, all the forces cancel each other.

Since it's a static equilibrium, the block and anything else being affected by forces in the system is stationary.

1. Can anyone help me with my research project?

Yes, there are many resources available for research projects such as libraries, online databases, and academic professionals. It is best to reach out to your professor or a subject expert for specific help.

2. Can anyone help me with my data analysis?

Absolutely, there are many statistical software programs and tutorials available to assist with data analysis. It is also helpful to consult with a statistician or data analyst for more complex data sets.

3. Can anyone help me with my experiment design?

Yes, there are many books and online resources available for experiment design. It is also beneficial to consult with other scientists in your field for their expertise and advice.

4. Can anyone help me with my lab techniques?

Of course, there are many textbooks, manuals, and online tutorials available for various lab techniques. It is also beneficial to consult with experienced lab technicians or your lab supervisor for hands-on guidance.

5. Can anyone help me with my scientific writing?

Yes, there are many resources available for scientific writing, including style guides and online writing courses. It is also helpful to seek feedback from your peers or a writing tutor for improving your writing skills.