Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anyone identify this song?

1. Jan 3, 2015 #1
    between 1:30 and 2:05

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2015 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

"Bad Romance"

Sung by lady Gaga

4. Jan 3, 2015 #3
    Use an app called "Shazam", it listens to songs and then identifies them :)

5. Jan 3, 2015 #4
    The music alone doesn't cut it. "Bad Romance" requires the full video experience:

6. Jan 3, 2015 #5
    OMG I hope that isn't Tony Bennett to her right.

7. Jan 4, 2015 #6
    I was in fact thinking if my 6th grade daughter could sing this after the first time hearing of the nice beats:)) What a big turnoff after seeing the video and lyrics.

I liked the parody than the original.

8. Jan 4, 2015 #7
    This is better performance:

9. Jan 4, 2015 #8
    No, this is Lady Gaga as is, or "in the wild," so to speak, which made her later collaboration with Tony Bennett all the more unusual for both of them.

10. Jan 4, 2015 #9
    The album made me notice that she has a wonderful singing voice. I had just presumed that she was another screamer. :D

11. Jan 4, 2015 #10

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's hard for me to critique music if I have to filter the video. :L

She is a screamer IMO.

12. Jan 4, 2015 #11
    I believe it's safe to categorize her as Madonna: The Next Generation. That is: she took over where Madonna left off, and carried everything further in terms of the sexuality and outrageous costumes. At the same time, she does actually have a good singing voice, at least better than Madonna's, that she can resort to when she wants, as in duets with Tony Bennett.

I think both Gaga and Madonna are the descendants of bad girl chanteuse, Marlene Dietrich, who played jaded, "worldly" characters. Dietrich, however, had a really bad voice.

I recently watched a Taylor Swift video for the first time and was interested to see she referenced Lady Gaga in a couple places by adopting her costume look. Therefore, Gaga is already an historical figure, as it were.

13. Jan 4, 2015 #12
    I think that she may trying to transition her career into the future when she, as a mature woman, can't do the Ga Ga Garbage.

14. Jan 4, 2015 #13

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Either that or she screams for older men. :devil:

Seriously though, she didn't sound half bad.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook